Friday, July 25, 2008

We're in "Chance-a-newga!"

Well, we made it to Chattanooga today. Jeremy and I decided we needed a little family getaway, so we made the two hour drive north just inside Tennessee. The whole way up there, Mikayla kept asking if we were in "Chance-a-newga" yet. It was pretty cute!

When we first got here, we decided to visit Rock City. Rock City is this large area, nestled in the mountains, full of rock paths, flower beds and beautful sights. Mikayla really enjoyed herself and Gavin seemed to just be in awe of everything.


This is a picture of "mushroom rock" - I thought it looked pretty neat.
The infamous Rock City birdhouse.
This is the view from "Lover's Leap" It says that you can see seven states from the vantage point.


They had several of these set up throughout the peak of the mountain. Mikayla enjoyed playing dressup!
This is fat man's squeeze - thankfully we all fit - Gavin liked touching the side of the rock.
This is a picture of the swinging bridge that we just walked over. It didn't look that bad initially, but half way over I started getting very nervous, but at that point, you just had to finish. I'm sitting there thinking, that the most important people in my life are suspended far above the ground and are fully dependant on mom and dad for their safety. We made it though!!
Family portrait - Mikayla is definitely our little cheese ball!

We are having a great time. Our hotel has a heated indoor pool, which we all had fun visiting last night. Sleeping in a hotel room with two kids is challenging, but we are surviving. Today we are visiting the Tennessee Aquarium and either the Children's Museum or the zoo. We'll be sure to post picture soon!

5 comments:

kathymatthews927 said...

I am soooooooo glad you posted those fun pics. Makes me feel like I'm with you!!!EWWWWWWWWWWW

Marissa said...

Looks like fun! I love family vacations.

Carol said...

Chance-a-newga... "Pootaloosa" - I wonder where she got that from? Glad you are having fun!
Love,
Mom

Lizzy said...

I love all your vaction pictures and stories!! So fun!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm definitely going to keep Chance-a-newga in mind for a near by vacation - great fun for the kid(s)! =)