Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Chattanooga Zoo

Saturday morning, we went to the Chattanooga Zoo. It is much smaller than Zoo Atlanta, but they had some neat exhibits. It also starting sprinkling just after we got there, but we still had a nice time. Luckily, the kids didn't seem to mind being a little wet.Originally, we thought this was a gorilla, but it was in fact a chimp. Mikayla like watching them walk all around.
This is was a snow leopard that kept staring at Mikayla. I was very thankful that their was a large piece of glass between him and my little girl!

This monkey came right up to the glass and played with Mikayla a little bit. It was so fun to watch.
In this exhibit, the cougar had a little perch within the viewing area that he was sitting in when we got there. It was pretty cool to be so close to such a big cat.
Mikayla had some more fun getting to dress up at the zoo!
We ended the day with a carousel ride. I kept trying to get Mikayla to sit on one of the animals that went up and down, but she wanted to sit on the tree frog. She had alot of fun going around and around.


1 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun! I love the zoo. We went to one in Palm Springs last Summer and the Mountain Lion charged the walls of the enclosure when my kids got near. I was so happy for the enclosure, the hunger in his eyes really made me shudder!