Monday, March 31, 2008

I am behind....again

I feel like I am always playing catch up with blogging. I am the world's worst procrastinator and I am always putting things off. Instead of leaving frequent short posts, I constantly find myself with the long weekly posts in an attempt to share the comings and goings of our family with everyone. Oh well, eventually, I am sure I will get the hang of this.

The past couple of days have been could and rainy, but the beginning of the week was absolutely beautiful. We really took advantage of the nice weather and spent alot of time outside.
This is a picture of Kayla at my mom's house - she enjoyed playing with a new bubble set she got. She also, loves chasing my mom's dog, Lucy, all over the yard. Here is Mikayla riding her new tricycle that the Easter Bunny gave her. We quickly learned to only ride around on level areas with her at this point. She is pretty good at pedaling, but if she has a hard time going up even a slight incline - you end up spending most of your time pushing her. If you are going down a hill, you better be right behind her, because she can't steer or brake, so you're having to help her avoid any crashes. Oh well, we will keep it up and she will soon get the hang of it.

Gavin has enjoyed being outside, too. I am not much of a photographer. I try, but I just don't have that natural ability and good eye. However, by pure luck, I occasionally get a good photo where the lighting and background is just right. I just love how his eyes pop out in the photo. I have been in need of some good photos to enlarge to put on the wall and I think this one is a keeper. The picture below is just a random photo of his sweet smile that is leading into one of his loud squeals. He such a fun little boy!
My sister was in town this week so we hae spent alot of time at my mom's house and with my family. I love spending time with our family. I feel so fortunate to have my parent and grandparents living so close.
These are some pictures of my grandma getting some quality time with my kids. I am so thankful that my kids get to have a relationship with her. It is such a gift.
This is my sister, Emily, spending cuddling with Gavin. Gavin loved playing with her and always had plenty of smiles to share with his Aunt Emmy.
Speaking of my sister....
I feel that I now allowed to say this since she has made it known to the blogging public - my sister is pregnant with her first baby! I have been wanting to shout it out to everyone since she told us 2 months ago, but I waited to tell until she was ready to share the news She is due on October 15th. I am so excited for her and her husband. I am also very excited, because this will be my first niece or nephew. Being an aunt is something I have never experienced and I anxiously awaiting this opportunity. I am also excited for my kids to finally have a cousin. She had a doctor's appointment today and she was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. They recorded it with a digital recorder, so she was able to email it to all of us. It was such a sweet little sound. I remember that being my absolute favorite part of going to the doctor when I was pregnant. I am so happy for my sister and her husband - I have only the best of wishes for them!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great pictures! The hills are why my poor kids can't ride bikes yet. I wish my kids got to know Grandma and Grandpa the way yours do. Great news about Emily! Cousins are the best! ;)

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR EMILY!! What a big year for the McKinney clan -- first Gavin then Lollie's engagement then Em's baby :) I love reading about it all <3