Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another week gone..

Well, I have had a hard time trying to figure what to blog about the past couple of days. It has been hard because nothing "exciting" has been going on. I have decided to just share the everyday things that are my life. It may not be very interesting, but I love it. I love my kids and all of the normal and crazy things that they do.

Gavin is such a smiley boy. He is so laid back and easy going. For the most part, the only time he cries is when he is hungry. You better move fast on that request,though, for he can go to a big frowny face and crocodile tears VERY quick.

The other day while I was feeding Gavin, Mikayla was very insistent upon getting dressed so that she could go outside and play. I explained to her that she needed to wait. She then informed me, "I can do it all by myself! I am a big girl!" This is definitely her favorite phrase right now. She says it all of the time. The sad part for me is that she is so right - she is growing up way too fast. Anyway, Mikayla proceeded to go upstairs, pull a stool in to her closet, pick out clothes to wear, and get herself dressed. I was very impressed with her perseverance witht his task.

While Mikayla was playing outside. I sat in the dining room where I could see her and put together Gavin's highchair. We have been feeding him in his bouncy seat, but that is proving to be quite a messy adventure. I have rice cereal all over the bouncy seat cover and it isn't very easy to clean up without throwing it in the washing machine. So far, I am very pleased with this highchair. Gavin looks so small in the chair! I remember when Mikayla looked like that in her chair and how quickly she filled it up.
This is Gavin trying to hold his bottle. Jeremy is very much looking forward to this achievement. Look at that big smile!! Speaking of achievments, Gavin rolled over this week!! He did it while I was at work the other night (this was a little sad for me - this was the first "first" that I have ever missed). I have only seen him do it twice, but apparantly he loves to do it for Jeremy - must be somthing that is just for the boys to share ;-).


I bought Gavin a Bumbo chair at a consignment sale this week. Everyone (Gavin, Mikayla and even Haley) seem to like it. I also had another good consignment buy this week. I found a Chicco stroller in near mint condition for $30. I needed a new umbrella stroller and I really wanted one with a five point harness. Mikayla is always trying to lean over and touch the wheels - I don't think I need to list the multitude of reasons that I don't want that to continue. I was pretty excited. I love consignment sales. I love to buy cute playclothes there. I love being able to send her out to play in something cute and not worry about it getting dirty, because I only paid about $4-$5 for the outfit. I also have alot of luck finding very adorable dresses in very good condition for her at even better prices.

This is a picture I took yesterday of Mikayla's first pony tail. Mikayla has been very slow to get hair in her short little life. She was pretty much bald until she was 18 months old. When she was almost two, I was able to start putting very small barrettes in her hair. She had her first haircut last summer shen she was 2 1/2 years old. This will be the first year that I will be able to put all of her hair up instead of just the top half.

Well, there is a look into the life of a mom. Again, it may not seem that interesting, but these are the little things that I look forward to everyday.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ooo, tell me about this consignment store! I love hearing the everyday stuff. What cuties. Cally was like that too...no hair for such a long time and she looked a lot like her daddy so we got the "He's so cute" comment all the time. boooo....

kathymatthews927 said...

Enjoy all the "boredom" of your everyday life!!!! It's gone all too soon. Besides, I know you're not bored and you love it all....however, Nana is NOT ready for the little ones to grow up too soon. Mikayla is always telling me what a big girl she is and that she is just getting bigger and bigger.......too true.