Sunday, January 06, 2008

What a big girl!!

Mikayla has been doing a lot of things lately that make me realize how big she is getting. Yesterday, she drew this picture on her new art easel. I was pretty amazed at the little family that she drew, complete with legs, mouth and a nose.
She also LOVES to help me cook in the kitchen. She loves to help with everything from pouring ingredients into the bowl, stirring everything together, to pushing the buttons on the oven or microwave.
Another thing that has made me look at her as such a big girl is that she has graduated from the church nursery and is now a Sunbeam. She did so great today - no tears when I dropped her off with her new class. She was a little apprehensive, but with a little talk, hug and a kiss she was fine. This is a picture of her after we got home wearing her CTR (Choose The Right) necklace that they made.
I love listening to Mikayla and all of the funny things that she says. Of course, I can't specifically think of any right now to share with you, but I will try to be better about sharing them with you. They will definitely bring a smile to your face.

3 comments:

kathymatthews927 said...

She is becoming such a big girl! Nana may not be ready for that,either. She is such a love and so very special.

Jenny said...

It's so bittersweet watching the grow up. I do think the older they get the more fun they get, though (at least for now!). I would have loved to have Mikayla as one of my little Sunbeams. What a sweetheart!

Tom said...

She's growing up so fast! He Papa would love to keep her little forever...unforunately it doesn't work that way.

She keeps the smiles flowing and the heart pumping..... I love you Kayla....and your little brother too.