Sunday, January 13, 2008

Well, I hope this is almost done

Well, today I made ANOTHER trip to see a doctor about one of my children. Friday went very well with both of them-I thought that we were starting to improve with things. However, last night Gavin was very irritable and woke up about every hour, screaming in pain. He would only fall asleep after he had basically cried himself to sleep. He wasn't wanting to nurse and I couldn't even get him to take a bottle of Pedialyte. It was a tiring and absolutely heart-wrenching experience. Deciding that I couldn't wait until Monday to take him to the doctor, I took him to the pediatric urgent care center to get him checked out. They diagnosed him with a double ear infection. I feel so bad for him - I can only imagine how much that hurts. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and some drops that numb the ear canal. Between Tylenol and the ear drops, he has been MUCH better today. I hope and pray this is the end of this bought of sickness at our home. I, personally, am worn out and tired of seeing my little ones sad and uncomfortable.

1 comments:

Julie said...

So sorry to hear about your sick children! But loved looking at their cute pictures. I hope everyone is on the mend soon! I'm taking Eric in tomorrow for his 4 month appointment. He's been kind of "under the weather" the last few days, so I'm kind of relieved to have the appointment tomorrow.