Wednesday, December 16, 2009

FIVE YEARS OLD!

 

Five years ago, this little girl made me a mommy.  She has blessed me and our family in more ways than I can even think to count.  I look at this picture and am just amazed that five years have already flown by.  It is definitely going to be a bittersweet day for me, today.   1216-93  This is Mikayla at less than one hour old.  She was born by semi emergency c-section after I labored for 23 hours (which included 3 1/2 hours of pushing!).   I have to say that that was the longest day of my life, but also the best.  She was so sweet and alert that first day. 

121402Mikayla at one year

I love how this picture just somes up her personality, even at just one year old.  She is a silly and fun-loving little girl that makes us laugh on a daily basis.

100_1256  Mikayla at two years

This is Christmas at my mom’s shortly after her 2nd birthday.  She loved to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and was SO excited to open up these Mickey and Minnie dolls.  This was also right around the time that I was first able to get some bows in her hair.  It took so long for her hair to come in – I thought it would never grow.

100_2213 Mikayla at 3 years old

This was a big year, because Mikayla was a new big sister!  She is a great big sister that loves her brother so much.  She is very caring and thoughtful and always tries to make him happy.

IMG_2200Mikayla at 4 years old

This is another picture that just speaks volumes about Mikayla’s fun loving and active personality.  She never stops moving and is almost always laughing and smiling. 

IMG_4169 Mikayla – 5 years old!!!

I am in awe of how blessed I am to be this little girl’s mother.  She is so vibrant and fun – she makes me smile every day.  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity He gave me to be her mother.   I am thankful for the cuddles, hugs and giggles that she fills my days with.

Mikayla…I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

0 comments: