Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dora, Dora, Dora the Explorer!!

Today we celebrated Mikayla's birthday. We didn't do anything big - I wasn't up for it with a newborn and everything. We had our family and a couple of friends over. It was a fun day.

My Mom worked her cake magic and made Mikayla a very nice "Dora" cake. Mikayla was so excited.
This is Mikayla showing everyone how old she is. She has been practicing this for a couple of weeks and was very happy that she is actually three now.
We had a wonderful time celebrating Mikayla's birthday with our family. The day did prove to be a little overwhelming for Mikayla. We had the party at 1pm and at the beginning she was great. Towards the end however, it was painfully obvious that whe was in desperate need of a nap. She was becoming completely incapable of sharing and was crying at the slightest thing. When everybody was leaving and we informed her that whe was going to be taking a nap, she had a complete meltdown. Luckily, only the grandparents were witness to this very out of character behavior. After she woke up, she was in a much better mood and had fun playing with her toys.
I can't believe that Mikayla is already three. I put together a little slide show of pictures of the past three years - I got quite emotional watching my little girl "grow up" through out the timeline of pictures. I often just wish that things could be a little bit slower so I could enjoy her as a little girl a little bit longer. She is such a sweetheart and is definitely my little princess. She is such a joy and makes Jeremy and I laugh on a daily basis.

2 comments:

kathymatthews927 said...

Yesterday was quite fun and such a minor "meltdown". She is such a joy and such a special little person...........as her baby brother will be. My highlight was listening to Jeremy explain taking turns to her.......completely a 3 year old reaction.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Mikayla! I totally remember the amazing Aunt Carol cakes - she definitely hasn't lost her touch. I totally know what you mean about wanting to slow down time. It's not that I don't want my kids to grow up, but do they have to do it so quickly?!